Hockey 7’s Competition 2018
On Monday the 13th August some students were picked to represent our school in hockey for the region. We went to Footscray Hockey Club and played a round robin competition. Moonee Ponds played our first game against Southern Cross Grammar and we won 11 – 0. Our second game was against St Augustines and we won 3 – 1. We needed to win or draw our third game against Coimadia Primary School to make it into the finals, the scores were 4 – 0 and we won. Our team was excited to be playing against Leopold Primary School in the region grand final. Leopold were a good team and it was difficult to score, they won 9 – 0. We found out their team practiced most days and had some state representative players. Our team worked well together and we were proud that we were the runners up for the region. Everyone scored at least one goal in this event and it was because we played as a team. Our team on the day was Ethan , Ambrose , Hamish , Jett , Toby , James , Hamish , Erika and me (Quinn ). We could not have achieved this without the coaching skills from Justyn Alloch a past Moonee Ponds Primary School state hockey 7’s champion.
Do you have any unwanted warts or dead skin on your body? If you use this ointment they will all be gone in 12 days. Guaranteed!
It is a type of liquid, like ice, but colder and if you apply this you get a burn, like from a flame, that will remove the wart or dead skin. However, it hurts! So, to soothe the pain apply lime juce every 5 hours. Use a timer or clock to decide when you need to put more liquid on.
To buy this liquid go to firstname.lastname@example.org and search up Liquid BURN!
Look through the window,
You might see the snow,
Or you might see a deer,
Or you might see a person appear,
Or you might want to go.
Close your eyes and what do you hear,
You might hear a cheer,
Or you might hear a crow,
Or you might hear the leaves blow,
Or you might feel fear.
Sniff through your nose,
You might smell dough,
Or you might smell the trees,
Or you might smell rabbits pee,
Or you might stay I suppose.
Touch your surroundings,
You might feel your heart pounding,
Or you might feel happiness
This clip is about Cape Town in South Africa and the drought they are experiencing. This drought has left Cape Town with very little water.
- The Government has allocated everyone to 50 litres of water per day per person. This water is to be used for washing, drinking, showering, cooking and pets.
- On the 4th June the Government was going to turn off the water supply and the people are calling this ‘day zero’.
- After ‘day zero’ the Government are going to decrease the water supply to 25 litres per day per person.
Why don’t other countries give them water?
Did the Government turn off the water on the 4th June?
When was the last time it raining in Cape Town?
Here is the link the BTN clip
Pink Daffodil Report
Written by Doctor Yeat from Goodies Labs
To reproduce a pink daffodil flower
- Sprinkle hundreds and thousands on dirt
- Put the bulb into the ground
- Water with sparkling water regularly
Attempt one – This experiment was a successful but the daffodil turned black after a few days using normal water
Attempt two – Sparkling water was used for the second attempt. This was successful and the flower stayed pink the autumn season. It grew huge and it drooped down over Doctor Yeats house just like a bridge.
This pink daffodil flower is a once in life time occurrence
This BTN clip is about what happens after a natural disaster and how countries recover with help from different places.
- The flood in Pakistan killed one and half thousand people and 20 million people had their homes washed away.
- After a flood, drinking water can be contaminated with germs and disease and people are given clean water.
- It can take years to rebuild countries after the damage and lots of money. The United Nations, Governments from different countries and public appeals give money to the countries that need it.
- Do the countries need to pay back the money they are given?
- How much money does different countries give to help?
- Does the Australian Government give money to other countries when they need help?
Here is the link to the BTN clip
There is a little fruit that you can eat they’re called Lychee, I have never liked and I will never ever like this fruit. However some very weird people love them. They eat them with all different foods some like the Lychee with their ice cream, in their drinks and some even some like them in their curries. “Yuck”!!!
To me Lychees look like an eye ball with a big pip in the middle and a see through jelly substance. When you take the pip out, it’s like taking out the pupil and all you’re left to eat is the white Sclera part of your eye.”YUCK”
One day after work on my birthday my family came over for dinner I was the chef for the evening. I was making dumplings for the first time in my life, with my two assistant helpers Ambrose and Elio. We followed all the instructions to make pork dumplings but I didn’t understand the instruction the butcher told me about keeping the pork in the freezer overnight.
When everyone was leaving my birthday party after tasting our delicious pork dumplings. One by one everyone started turning green and holding their stomach. Before I could direct them to the bathroom, one by one they all started to vomit all over my living room carpet.
Today we did webinar about cyber safety here are some
The things we learnt.
- 12% of young people have experienced viruses of scamming/hacking.
- Scammers or viruses don’t always come from people you don’t know they could come from friends or family.
- You need to keep all passwords private so you don’t get hacked.
- A webinar is a live like video but with sound you can comment with the comment bar and they might reply, today it was about cyber safety and scamming.
- You can get a fire wall to help you with not getting hacked and some websites can help you like e safety and scam watch.
This newspaper article is from the Herald Sun is about the volcano called Kilauea in Hawaii that has erupted and is affecting people in the area.
- There was an Earthquake on south side of the volcano which made Kilanuea volcano erupt.
- There are poisonous gases that come out of the ground when the volcano erupts and this is called sulphur dioxide.
- The earthquake was a 6.9 magnitude earthquake and this was the largest earthequake since 1975.
- Why do they name volcanos?
- How do they come up with the name?
- What is the biggest earthquake in the world?
Here is the like to the newspaper report