This clip is about an 18 year old that doesn’t want to vote in an election. A ghost comes along and encourages her to vote by showing her the history of voting.
- Woman could not vote in the 1900’s is wasn’t until 1902 they women were allowed to vote in a federal election and be in parliament.
- If you were an Aboriginal you could not vote but in 1949 if you were an Aboringinal that served in the army you could vote in a federal election. In 1962 the government let all Australian Aboriginals in a federal election.
- You had to be 21 years old to vote until 1973 and the rules changed to 18 years old.
- Who was the first woman in Parliament?
Answer: Enid Lyons and Dorothy Tangney
- Who was the first indigenous person in Parliament?
Answer: Neville Bonner in 1971
- Who was the youngest person in Parliament?
Answer: Edwin Corboy was 20 years old
Here is the link