This BTN clip is about what happens after a natural disaster and how countries recover with help from different places.
- The flood in Pakistan killed one and half thousand people and 20 million people had their homes washed away.
- After a flood, drinking water can be contaminated with germs and disease and people are given clean water.
- It can take years to rebuild countries after the damage and lots of money. The United Nations, Governments from different countries and public appeals give money to the countries that need it.
- Do the countries need to pay back the money they are given?
- How much money does different countries give to help?
- Does the Australian Government give money to other countries when they need help?
Here is the link to the BTN clip