One day after work on my birthday my family came over for dinner I was the chef for the evening. I was making dumplings for the first time in my life, with my two assistant helpers Ambrose and Elio. We followed all the instructions to make pork dumplings but I didn’t understand the instruction the butcher told me about keeping the pork in the freezer overnight.
When everyone was leaving my birthday party after tasting our delicious pork dumplings. One by one everyone started turning green and holding their stomach. Before I could direct them to the bathroom, one by one they all started to vomit all over my living room carpet.
Today we did webinar about cyber safety here are some
The things we learnt.
- 12% of young people have experienced viruses of scamming/hacking.
- Scammers or viruses don’t always come from people you don’t know they could come from friends or family.
- You need to keep all passwords private so you don’t get hacked.
- A webinar is a live like video but with sound you can comment with the comment bar and they might reply, today it was about cyber safety and scamming.
- You can get a fire wall to help you with not getting hacked and some websites can help you like e safety and scam watch.
This newspaper article is from the Herald Sun is about the volcano called Kilauea in Hawaii that has erupted and is affecting people in the area.
- There was an Earthquake on south side of the volcano which made Kilanuea volcano erupt.
- There are poisonous gases that come out of the ground when the volcano erupts and this is called sulphur dioxide.
- The earthquake was a 6.9 magnitude earthquake and this was the largest earthequake since 1975.
- Why do they name volcanos?
- How do they come up with the name?
- What is the biggest earthquake in the world?
Here is the like to the newspaper report
There is an amazing creature that lives in a pink lake, with water boiling hot that could burn a human to the bone. This creature has adapted to this hot boiling water, which is pink in colour because of the flammable gas that lies at the top of the lake.
The creature is known as Charcoal Flat Back, it’s pink in colour with a black belly, the colour helps to camouflage itself into its surroundings, it also has a flat back which allows itself to hide under rocks to take protection from its only predator. The deadly predator (Sriz) which has a sharp sword like mouth that injects poison that can kill the Flat Back.
This article is from a The Herald Sun newspaper and it explains about the extreme weather events that happen over a weekend in Australia.
- There was two major bush fires in New South Wales and Victoria and there was a cyclone in Darwin.
- The bush fire in NSW was near Tathra and 70 homes were lost in the bushfire.
- The bush fire in Victoria are thought to be started by lightning strikes.
- Is there any difference between a cyclone or a tropical cyclone?
- Where did the fire start in New South Wales?
- How much land did the fires cover in Victoria?
Here is the link to the article
I was expecting my parcel to come today after school. I walked in from school and I searched the perimeter of our house to look for it. I bought it last week and the delivery people said it would be delivered today. The package is super fragile and small I can’t wait to play with it. Mum only allowed me to get it if I looked after by myself. I will need to feed it everyday and give it water so it will survive. I was feeling disappointed that it didn’t arrive so I went to my room and there it was on the bed. “When did it arrive?’ I said to my mum.
This BTN clip is a about the natural disasters and the connection to the Ring of Fire.
- There are tectonic plates are on the crust of the Earth and these move.
- When tectonic plates move and meet they can cause earthquakes.
- A tsunami is when there are huge waves and these be caused but underwater earthquakes.
- What has the biggest Tsunami?
- How do they know if there is a tsunami?
- What is the temperature of lava?
Here is the like to the clip
One day when I was going for a stroll with my grandpa in his favourite park called Footstep Park. The reason my grandpa likes this park is because he likes building stuff and there are thousands of sculptures some like this.
This is his favourite but on that day we went for a stroll it was not there and the rest of the sculptures had disappeared. “Where could they be? “I asked my grandpa.
He said, “they have all been moved out and are being sold so they don’t get bulldozed by the trucks coming in to make a Disneyland.
This BTN clip is a child talking about his family history and his great great grandfather fighting in World War One.
- In the boy’s family there are five people that have the same name Anzac to remember their great great grandfather.
- His great great grandfather Arthur Walker was an Aboriginal and had to lie to join the army.
- Aboriginal people are suppose to be buried where they were born and Arthur Walker died in France but when his medals were returned to the family Anzac felt like his spirit came back his home.
- There was Arthur Walker buried?
- How many times has Anzac marched in the ANZAC day march?
- Will he pass on the name Anzac to his kid?
Here is the like to the clip
On Tuesday the 28th January 3013 my family and I went to see the Commonwealth Games in Tokyo Japan. We saw the swimming unfortunately the swimming was outside so it was really sunny, boiling hot and lots of people got sun burnt. Suddenly it started bucketing down rain and everyone was drench because there was no shelter. The crowd was running to their private jets to escape the pouring rain although they ran quickly, they were still not making enough progress. So crowd was so soaked they could have collected buckets full of water and made a Commonwealth Games swimming of their own.